Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer is crazy

Well I don't know about everyone else but the last few weeks have been so crazy, so I have been an enormous slacker at keeping up my blog. So I am going to try and sum up the last few weeks for you. This year Hanna and Brylee decided to show cows at the fair in the pre 4-h class. Jaxon didn't feel quite up to it. Cleve helped Hanna lead her calf around.Brylee was more worried about chewing on the lead rope than anything. All the kids won a blue ribbon and two dollars. It was fun to watch them. Thank you Daniel for letting them show your calfs. The week before Cache County Fair was the Preston rodeo. Hanna and Jaxon participated in the Mutton Bustin. They were some pretty big talkers till they saw those sheep and then Jaxon started to bawl. Hanna was fine until she came off and the sheep ran over top of her and tore her shirt and then she was bawling too. Jaxon finally stopped crying before his turn but he would never hold onto the sheep so when they opened the chute he just flipped right of the butt, so then he was crying again. They told us they never wanted to do that again, but after everyone told them how good they did they had changed their mind and decided they would try again next year. They both got a belt buckle and a bandanna, they thought that was pretty cool.
Me and Brian had the chance to go to Denver with all of the adults in my family(NO KIDS thank you Mary) And my Grandma and my Grandpa Clark and my uncle Topper. We went and watched the Rockies play San Diego. My family is full of sports fans so we of course had a lot of fun. Coors field is such a beautiful ball park I had to take a picture. There is just something about being at ball game that I have always loved. I guess that just comes with being a Clark I think it's in our blood. Thanks dad and Grandma and Grandpa for giving that to me.
I hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer. It's hard to believe fall is just around the corner.

5 comments:

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

I'm so jealous, I love ballgames, myself. How fun! And your calf-showing pictures are adorable! I love your little farm-kids!

Angie said...

Looks like you had an awesome time in Denver. I love that place! I wish I could have seen Hanna and Jaxon doing the muttin bustin. I bet it was great!!

julie said...

I agree with the baseball thing! I remember Grandma and Grandpa coming out and taking us to Dodger games, it was always so much fun!

Emily T. said...

Looks like lots of fun and busy busy.  I'm kinda looking forward to fall and some structure again.  Summer is crazy.  Thom's jealous too of the baseball games.  He likes to check out the mowing on the fields.  Cute pictures of the kids.  

Unknown said...

That sounds so fun, it is definitely in our blood. What a fun memory:)