Saturday, July 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNA

Hanna is now officially six. This is so hard for me to believe. I swear she has just grown up so much lately, I think it happens overnight. This was the first year we have attempted the Friend party. I was surprised at how smoothly things went. We just had a water party in our back yard. We kept it pretty simple. The girls all had a fun time trying to eat their cake with no hands.Hanna was so excited for her party, she started planning for it about six months in advance. So I knew there was no escaping it this year. After her Friend party we had a cook out with all of our family. It makes it nice having her birthday in the summer. We always have a good time sitting around a fire cooking hot dogs even if it is 90 degrees outside.
Last Saturday we took the kids for a horse ride up the canyon. They of course loved it because they got to throw rocks in the river. There is just something about a river and making a big splash that my kids can never get enough of.
They also loved to ride their horses through the river. I only wish we had more chances to go to the mountains, it is always so pretty up there and at least a few degrees cooler. It seems like summer is always gone way to fast though.

I have been a huge slacker lately at this blogging thing. My sister in laws got me reading the Twilight series books and I couldn't stop until I had read all three. I have never read that much in my life. I hope everyone had a good 24th of July.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so cute- I can't believe that our girls are six (Savannah will be in 2 weeks). Where does the time go. It scares me because I know in a few short years they will be teenagers and giving us dirty looks- we will definitely need each other during those times:)

Emily T. said...

I can't believe how fasr they grow up.  She is starting to seem so grown up!  Good job on the friend party. It sounds like fun. We're hoping to have a BBQ at our place in the next week or two, we'll let you know.

Hayley said...

Happy b-day cutie!

Angie said...

My kids had a great time. Thank you for including Olivia she thinks she is as big as those girls. Maybe I'll get brave and try the friend thing. Happy Birthday Hanna you are a sweetheart!

Nyman's said...

are you kidding I remember when that tiny little baby was born..Thanks for making me feel old Hannah :) happy birthday! Speaking of looking grown up look at your little boy on that huge horse by himself....

Daybell's said...

I remember the baby shower we threw at my house for that little one when she was still a litle ball in your belly!!!! She is so big and adorable! I have to agree with Kristina, Jaxon is so grown up himself. TWILIGHT will be the end of you, I promise you will not be able to stop until you have read them all, I wish you were closer to do the whole midnight release party with me and my friends down here!!- Love Ya

Jared Heather and Taegen Pete Johnstun said...

Mandy-
You've been Tagged!
List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions, 3 random facts about yourself. Then, you get to tag 3 people of your choice to play along!