Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st day of preschool

Well I am always reminded of how different Hanna and Jaxon are. Today was Jaxons' first day of his second year of preschool. Unlike Hanna who was up at 3:30 in the morning on her first day of school, the first thing Jaxon said when he woke up was that he didn't want to go to school. His school does not start until after lunch which was nice because it gave me time to try and get him excited to go to school.No matter how hard I tried he was not about to be excited though. He would have nothing to do with me taking his picture, he just hid in the corner. He didn't even want to carry his backpack.
When it all came down to it though he hopped right out of the car when we got to his school and walked right on in and didn't even look back. I guess that's better than having him cry. I think he was getting pretty bored with Hanna gone all day, so it will be nice for him to have something to do especially when winter comes and he can't go to the farm anymore with his dad.
My grandma Birch has recently had back surgery and I was visiting her in the hospital when she gave me some words of wisdom I wanted to share. She said to enjoy every moment while my kids are young that these are truly the real golden years of life. That life is a lot more meaningful when you have someone to take care. So I am trying to enjoy these moment when my kids are young because I am learning that it goes by all to fast. I hope that I can make the most of it.

8 comments:

Emily Snow said...

Hey Mandy!

I saw that you checked out my blog! I checked yours out too! Have a great fall!

Nyman's said...

Your grandma's words of wisdom brought tears to my eyes. I think I am feeling very emotional today..Hey thanks again for letting me come with you and your sis today.

Angie said...

Boy does you grandma have it so true in that statement. It is so hard when we are in the thick of little ones. But it goes way to fast and I can say that now. I'm trying to enjoy the last one home. But she sure makes it hard sometimes. I forgot to take a picture of her I'll have to do that on friday. Thanks for reminding me!

Kristen said...

I'm Lovin' the "fauxhawk" on your handsome little man! It's true, they grow up way too fast. I remember the 1st haircuts that you gave Jackson.

Emily T. said...

Oh boy! I think Seth will be a lot like Jackson with the whole school thing. They must take after their fathers. It is so scary how fast they grow up. I have to remind myself that all the time.

sherisse said...

Mandy, I found your blog through Jackie, its fun to see Jaxon, he is so dang cute, he reminds me of Payden, he always has some excuse why he can't go to school. Hanna and Brylee are darling. I'm so glad we get to visit every 3 weeks, I hate that I loose touch with all the girls from the salon, it must be time for lunch again.

Unknown said...

That is one thing that I have realized and I only have Kenna! I never thought we'd see the day where she'd be walking and talking. A year ago it seemed forever away and now I truly realize how fast time goes by.

Unknown said...

Cooper is the same!