Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Helping mom

Brylees new favorite thing to do is ride on the vacuum while I am vacuuming, she acts like its a horse. Hopefully she is still smiling like that down the rode when it is her chore to vacuum.Last week we celebrated Brians birthday. That means I am no longer older than him, so he can no longer call me his old lady,thank heavens. We had a cookout at our house for his party. One last cook out before the weather no longer allows it.
It was so nice to have my Grandma and Grandpa Clark there. They are such amazing people I feel so blessed to have such a great relationship with them. This past year my grandmas health has not been very good. It has been so hard to watch her get older. I have so many memories of them playing baseball, basketball, and many endless games of lightning with us.
I am thankful that mine and Brians parents are young and energetic,I hope that our kids will have the same great memories of their grandparents as I do.



11 comments:

Angie said...

I love your grandparents they are great people. I remember them as i grew up to. They were always doing something. They are quite the goers!

Kristen said...

James always calls me the old lady too! Only for about 4 months...but he sure likes to rub it in.

Nyman's said...

Happy Birthday Brian. don't you just love cook-outs in the fall, when you can wear a sweater and be so comfy.

Unknown said...

ok- thanks for making me cry. I have worried about grandma too. They are so fun and I wish I could see them more. Give them extra hugs for me when you see them.

~Kandi said...

Looks like you had a great time at the cook out.

You got to love all the help you get from your little ones.

Nicky said...

Happy Birthday to Brian!

Emily T. said...

I was glad to see a new post! Happy late Birthday Brian. Aren't we all getting old. It's scary. Looks like a good party. The picture of Brylee on the vaccuum is so cute.

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha Brylee is so dang cute! Last night she finally warmed up to me a little more! She let me bath her and she actually played with me while she was in the bath! She was quite the little sharer (is that a word?) last night too! She would get Kenna toys and hand them to her, it was really cute!

sherisse said...

I love your grandma, I have lots of great memories of them at the cabin, trips to california, the basketball games and making onion rings for your grandpa at Juniper. I miss the good old days.

Grammy said...

Looks like you had a GREAT party! Nothing better than a cookout in the fall. I love Grandma Clark, too. I miss her so much! She is a very special lady, one that has influenced my life so much for the good.

Unknown said...

Hey Mandy,
I have made my blog private because I was getting some comments from some arab guy. I was wondering if I could get your email so you can still look at my blog?