Two weeks ago we were lucky enough to get to go to Mesa with our good friends Roy and Melissa. Melissa's Grandma lives there during the winter and so we were able to stay at her house. It was so nice when we got out of the car in Mesa it smelled like oranges, all of the orange trees were in bloom. I have never seen an orange tree before or smelled them, they were so pretty. There is nothing better than an orange picked right of the tree. The first day that we were there we went to a wildlife zoo and aquarium. It was fun to walk around and look at all the animals. My most favorite thing by far was the fact that I was wearing shorts.
So yes I was actually this close to a snake, only because I was left with no option but to go in the reptile building. After we got out of the building Melissa informed me that one of the snakes was not even behind a glass wall it was just laying up on a branch. The worker told them as long as they kept it fed every couple of days it wouldn't move. I was so glad she informed me of that after I left the building.
This was one awesome looking fish.
The next day we went to this ghost town and gold mine called Goldfield. We went on a tour of an old gold mine. It was neat to see some of the old equipment that they used in the olden days to mine for gold.
Some days I feel this OLD!
After we left the ghost town we went and walked around old town Scotsdale. It reminded me a little bit of Jackson Hole. There was a lot of Indian jewlry and different things to buy. The next day we decided to split up. Me and Melissa went to the hugest mall I have ever been to in my life. We spent six hours shopping, it was great. The boys spent the day golfing and they went to Cabelas and the Bass Pro Shop. The next day we did a little bit more shopping while the boys went to some pawn shops. Then we layed by the pool. One of the funnest things that we did was every night about 10:00 we would go get in the pool and hot tub. I forget what it is like to swim without kids. You can actually swim. The last day we were in Mesa we decided to go look at the temple on our way out of town. I would never have guessed it was the temple, it looked a lot like a court house.
Just like with every temple the grounds were absolutely beautiful.

Every thing was so green and pretty, to bad things won't look that way at home for a long time. It was different to see a bunch of cactus by the temple though.
After we left the temple we went to the Grand Canyon. I had never been there before it was amazing.
Sometimes I wonder if my hausband is only 15 years old. He had to jump across these cliffs.
Brian and Roy had to go to the edge of the cliff and look over, I would never in a million years get that close to the edge I am so scaredof heights.
We climed up to the top of this tower where they had a bunch of windows that you could look out of over the canyon.

We had so much fun, thanks Roy and Melissa for inviting us. The other day when we we woke up to freezing weather and snow we were ready to go back. I am so ready for SPRING!!!
So yes I was actually this close to a snake, only because I was left with no option but to go in the reptile building. After we got out of the building Melissa informed me that one of the snakes was not even behind a glass wall it was just laying up on a branch. The worker told them as long as they kept it fed every couple of days it wouldn't move. I was so glad she informed me of that after I left the building.

8 comments:
I know you had a good time and the pictures are so awesome. I've never been to the Grand Canyon either that is really cool...
Fun...glad you guys had such a good time.
That looks like a beautiful place. Good fo you guys, sounds like you had tons of fun.
What a fun trip. Don't ya wish you were still there. This snow is so miserable here!
I agree, Mesa is so pretty. Nancy lives down in Mesa, so if you ever need a good get-a-way! :)
Sounds like a nice little get-a-way!
I wish you would have told me.. we live here. I haven't seen Brian in over 3 years it would have been nice to catch up. Glad you had fun. come back in a month when it is 115
So you were in MESA and didn't call? C'mon Mandy! That is like 45 minutes from me. That is our temple. I know you were on vacation, so I will forgive you! I do love the Mesa temple. It is so beautiful. And the Grand Canyon - there is nothing like it. Now you know why I love AZ!
Post a Comment