Wednesday, October 22, 2008

October Traditions

Every October we always have a family home evening at Brian's mom and dads house. We always eat chili and carve pumpkins. It is always so much fun. This is a picture of Brian's sister Traci and Brylee.
Jaxon was really getting into it this year. I think he was just excited that I was actually letting him hold a knife.
Brylee decided to stick her hand in the pumpkin and touch it. She only did that once. She wasn't to impressed.
I had a hard time with letting Hanna do her own pumpkin this year, she is getting so independent. I miss when she wanted me to help her with things, some of the time.
Traci's boyfriend Tom was a good sport to help Jaxon. Jaxon has decided Tom is his new best friend.
This is Hanna's finished product. She did a good job and was really proud of it.
Thanks Mary for letting us do this fun messy activity at your house. We all had fun!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. Aren't traditions fun!

Emily Snow said...

I love that you got the pic of Brylee touching the inside of the pumpkin at EXACTLY the right moment! You captured it all!

Unknown said...

Those are some cute pictures! Carving pumpkins is a blast. Your kids are all so cute and fun to be around and I am glad Brylee is getting more friendly!

Kristen said...

I love the festivities of fall. Carving pumpkins is bittersweet...fun, but dangerous. Project for the family & always messy. Looks like you guys are enjoying the season...Happy Day!