Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bad Girl, Bad Mom

Last Saturday morning my kids were playing in the front room, I figured they couldn't get into to much trouble in there. Boy was I wrong. Brylee came to me with sticky hands, sticky face, sticky legs, so I put her in the tub and then went searching for the mess. Well I found an empty bottle of childrens tylenol on the floor with a big puddle in the carpet. So of course, I call poisen control and they advised me to go to the emergency room because there was no way of knowing how much she had taken. So me and Brian took her to the emergency room where they drew her blood to check her acetaminophen levels. After they had done this the doctor decided to have her take some charcoal just as a precaution. By this time she is flat out ticked off at everyone so she was not about to drink the chocolate milk they were trying to disguise it in. So they ended up having to give her six seringes full. You can tell buy the pictures how much fun that was. It was everywhere.
So two nights after this great adventure Hanna fell off her barstool. Well then the barstool fell on top of her and smacked her in the forhead. So picked her up and calmed her down, and then sat her down to finish eating her dinner. I got her a few tylenol and then picked her up and held her while she finished eating. Well when she was done she asked me where her tylenol was. Sure enough Brylee had stolen them and eat them. So there I am on the phone with poisen control again. What a child I have. Luckily enough both times she was just fine. Thank Heavens!!

14 comments:

julie said...

Those pictures are priceless, but so traumatic as well. How long did you mouth stay black? It was fun to see you guys!

Emily T. said...

I was hoping you'd post about this. What a memory. Those pictures are quite traumatic. Glad everyone's happy and healthy now.

Chelsea said...

Poor girl! Glad she's okay!

Angie said...

Oh what a fun time you have had. I have called poison control more times with Olivia than the rest put together. Aren't that so much fun at times. But you sure do love them. I'm glad all worked out!

Syndee said...

Poor Girl! Most of all I hope you faired out o.k. Im glad she is good. But I think its more tramatic on moms because we are such worriers. Your a great MOM!

~Kandi said...

Glad to hear everything worked out for the best and mom and girls are doing good.

Nyman's said...

holy freak twice. I remember being at your house that night and you telling me about it. I'm so glad she is okay and the mama is doing okay as well.

Unknown said...

Julie told me she saw you guys. Poor mama- I'm just glad you remembered your camera so we could see and you can show her one day!

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

OH, man. You need a vacation as bad as I do. Wish you were coming with! so glad it worked out ok...

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

O my gosh Mandy, im so sorry! Sometimes you just cant avoid these things. You are such a cute Mom, seriously! Those are the saddest pictures but im so glad you remembered your camera, those really capture how your little one felt at that moment. Im glad she is better!!

airteresa said...

holy moly! I would have freaked out so bad I would have done it all wrong. good job & I'm glad she's okay Teresa

..::k.toms::.. said...

So your daughter's addicted to Tylenol? Could be worse... :)
But in all seriousness, I'm glad she's ok! These pictures are priceless! I was thinking (before reading) that she ate a pen!

Emily Snow said...

I thought this last summer that she reminded me a lot of my Toby but in girl version! Now I really do think they are soul-mates. I know he'd eat up or swallow up a bottle of medicine if I gave him the chance...he wouldn't even think twice about it! KIDS...huh? I have noticed that both James and I have gotten a lot more gray hairs the past year...I think our 2 year old has a lot to do with it.

Grammy said...

What an adventure, Mandy! I never did have a child that took drugs -well... at least not when they were little ;) . I don't know if I could have handled something like that with my babies. You are such a remarkable mom. I love the pictures, even though it is such a sad thing, they are quite priceless!